To pee or not to pee: that's the question of the day. The majority of surfers have already peed in their suits during a session. This is common and sometimes unavoidable. The questions are: Can I urinate in my suit? Does it affect the Neoprene? Benefits? Disadvantages? Before you can answer it, you should know that urine consists of about 90 to 95% water. But it also contains urea, chloride, sodium, potassium, creatinine, inorganic sulphur and other dissolved substances. The pH of human urine varies from 5.5 to 7, which means it is slightly acidic. As a result, urine can be harmful.
THE BENEFITS OF URINATING IN YOUR COMBINATION
* It's not good to hold back
* Relieve yourself to be quiet for the rest of your session
* Are you cold? It warms you instantly
* This is indicative of a good hydration of your body
* There is no risk to miss the perfect wave of your session
THE DISADVANTAGES OF URINATING IN YOUR SUIT
* Urine is slightly corrosive and can damage the neoprene in the suit.
* Being soaked in urine isn't necessarily very cool.
* This can cause a rash
* Urine is not environmentally friendly
* It's a hard smell to get rid of.
If we can give you some advice! Remember not to do this every time you borrow a wetsuit from a friend or rent one. Respect other surfers and expect the same in return. Be sure to rinse the suit thoroughly, inside and out, using fresh water and a cleaner. You don't want to smell that strong ammonia next time you put it on!
For more articles, click here